News:
(22/11/2012)
babypuntz-students.blogspot.com is now free for everyone.
Some material is not updated so you should be careful and use it at your own risk.

quinta-feira, 17 de maio de 2012

Full time trading - from dream to reality

Hello traders, today is a great day, isnt it?

I usually dont make posts about my life but i would like to share today a good conversation that i had with my parents. The result was very good and i was not expecting it at all.

With all the crisis that Europe is facing and Greece not wanting to adapt we started talking about unemployment in our country and the future of it (Portugal). And during the conversation i started to explain my parents the things that i had in mind for my future with all that passion and usually they were very negative to agree with my perspective but this time i convinced them to trust me and give me a chance. I said that i didnt want to work 40 years behind a secretary doing something that i dont love and i explained my point that is very similar to what i learned in the book "Rich dad poor dad". The author calls it "the rat race". You work for other people. You make them rich and you will just get wealthy and have time to enjoy other things near the end of the career, if you get there. Is this want i want? NO. Most people will think that im just talking about money. I'm not. I'm talking about doing what you love to do and use the best thing we have, TIME. My parents are very successful and i respect their perspective but they play it very safe and don't have big dreams and motivation. So i asked them to trust me and they respected my decision, so, i will start trading fulltime during/after summer.

Never let your dream go away... you will regret later.


Some quotes from the book "Rich dad Poor dad"

“People do two things. Some just let life push them around. Others get angry and push back.”

"Be truthful about your emotions, and use your mind and emotions in your favor, not against yourself."


"You must be an observer, not a reactor to your emotions. Most people do not know that its their emotion that are doing the thinking. Your emotions are your emotions, but you have got to learn to do your own thinking."

"By not giving in to your emotions, you were able to delay reactions and think. That is most important. We will always have emotions of fear and greed.  From here on in, it is most important for you to use those emotions to your advantage and for the long term, and not simply let your emotions run you by controlling your thinking."

"Most people have only one problem in mind, and it’s short term."

"If they think money will solve problems, I am afraid those people will have a rough ride. Intelligence solves problems and produces money. Money without financial intelligence is money soon gone."

good trades
r9

2 comentários:

  1. Hey Richard,

    I'm wishing you all the fortune and success down the road. Keep it up and you'll succeed. It's already looking pretty good what you doing and time will bring more experience, maybe higher stakes and more outcome if you're really commited to it. Big decision, but right timing!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hey, thanks for the support. Yes, its a big decision but the right one. I would regret a lot if i did not take this decision. The good thing is that i will test new ideas(like for example studing pre live markets for a lot of sports which is very underrated by traders) and share in the blog and hopefully help other people to achieve that dream to.I hope your trading is going well.
    Ricardo

    ResponderEliminar